The Houston Public Library wants to see your illustration for the caption, “If You Give a Kid a Book…”. Fifty winners will be rewarded with a whimsical catered lunch during the second annual Children’s Book Celebration on May 14th, 2011. Fifty winners and one adult guest each will be treated to a delightful meal and an autographed copy of Laura Numeroff’s book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Winners will be ages three to eight years old.
CONTEST DEADLINE IS April 22, 2011. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY APRIL 30.
Instructions: You may submit your contest entries to your local library, or you may submit entries by mail.
Please mail submissions to:
Houston Public Library
Attn: Programming & Youth Services, Deborah Moore
500 McKinney St. | Houston, TX 77002
Your submission must include:
- Child’s full name
- Child’s age & grade if applicable
- Parent or guardian full name AND if this is a class project the Teacher’s name
- School attended (if not applicable, please say pre-K or home school)
- Contact information so that we may contact you if you win:
- Two Phone Numbers OR
- Phone number and E-mail address